Sedex Member Director Elections
We are calling for candidates to stand for election as Member Directors of Sedex. Step forward and seize your opportunity to become a Sedex Board Member and work with global industry leaders and stakeholders, to shape the future of responsible sourcing. If you think this could be the right opportunity for you, please submit your application alongside a short video (see guidelines below). For more information, download our Board Member Prospectus or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 22nd February 2019
Member Director Application Form
As part of the application, each candidate is required to:
- Submit a fully completed application form (below) with all sections filled in (meeting word count requirements where appropriate).
- Upload a letter from the senior representative of your company to agree you can stand and will be allowed time to carry out board duties.
- Upload a video explaining why you want to become a board member (see guidelines below).
- Upload a personal photo and company logo.
You must complete all of these requirements by the deadline for your application to be considered.
Video submission guidelines
- Videos should be between 30 and 90 seconds in length
- Videos must be submitted in one of the following formats: .MOV, .MPEG4, MP4, .AVI, .WMV, MPEGPS, .FLV, 3GPP, WebM
- Videos should feature the candidate speaking to camera against a plain background
- In the video candidates should:
- Introduce themselves and their company
- State which member director position they are standing for
- State why they want to be a Sedex member director
- Discuss what they believe they will bring to the position
- Videos do not have to be of the highest quality – a good quality smartphone may be used as the recording device – ensuring the image and sound are clear
- It is recommended that a tripod or similar stabilising device be used to ensure a steady camera shot
- Sedex will publish your video submissions so that Sedex members can decide whether to vote for you.
Please note that any video submissions which Sedex considers to be in any way derogatory will not be published.