Sedex Awards 2019
We are excited to host the Sedex Awards 2019, celebrating the fantastic work carried out by our members worldwide.
The Sedex Awards are a chance to highlight the important and sustainable work Sedex Members have carried out across a range of different industries. If you believe your organisation has showcased continuous improvement and created positive impact on the supply chain, people or the environment, then we encourage you to apply for one of Sedex’s distinguished awards. Award applications close on the 21st December 2018
Showcase your business’ achievements with the Sedex Awards
Entering the awards and highlighting the great work that your business is doing in responsible sourcing will give you the opportunity to:
- Present your project or programme during the Sedex Conference 2019
- Profile your project on the Sedex website
- Be featured in the Sedex newsletter and communications to over 55,000 businesses and over 125,000 subscribers globally
- Have a case study written on your business on why you won the award, which will be promoted throughout the Sedex community
- Be included in our media outreach celebrating the award winners
- Receive a prestigious Sedex Awards trophy
Sedex Awards categories
This year we are running five different award categories, open to different types of Sedex Members:
Best Collaborative Effort (open to all Sedex members and auditors):
Showcases examples of how members are collaborating or partnering with customers, suppliers or other stakeholders to improve working conditions or to solve a responsible sourcing challenge.
Best Health & Safety/Labour Programme (Buyers):
Showcases examples of how members, at any stage of their responsible sourcing journey, have successfully implemented a programme related to health and safety and/or labour practices.
Best Health & Safety/Labour Programme (Suppliers):
Showcase examples of how members, at any stage of their responsible sourcing journey, have successfully implemented a programme related to health and safety and/or labour practices.
Best Environmental Sustainability Programme (Buyers):
Showcases examples of how members have implemented programmes to protect their workers or their surroundings and improve environmental issues.
Best Environmental Sustainability Programme (Suppliers):
Showcase examples of how members have implemented programmes to protect their workers or their surroundings and improve environmental issues.
Sedex Awards deadlines and selection process
- Submissions are open from mid-September and close on 21st December 2018.
- After the closing date on 21st December 2018, the Sedex team will review all submissions and create a shortlist for the top three entries in each category
- Shortlisted candidates will be announced and invited to attend the Sedex Conference 2019
- A small panel of experts (non-Sedex Members) will review the shortlist and select the winner and runner up for each category
- The award ceremony will take place on 26th March 2019 at the Sedex Conference 2019 during the Sedex Awards dinner and the winner of each category will be announced and presented with a trophy.
The judges and selection criteria
The Sedex Awards panel of judges will be made up of non-Sedex members, academics and industry experts. The judges for the Sedex Awards 2019 will be confirmed shortly.
Judges will shortlist awards entries based on the following criteria:
- Level of innovation
- Scale of impact and implementation
- Possibility of replication
- Transparency of communication and leadership.
Sedex Awards dinner
Sedex Awards winners will be announced during the exclusive Sedex Awards Dinner. View the 2018 Awards Winners here. We look forward to receiving your inspirational submissions for the Sedex Awards 2019, so please put forward your applications today! You can also view a recording of the 2018 awards ceremony along with most of the Sedex Conference 2018 sessions on our YouTube channel.