Members only resources
We offer a number of resources that are exclusive to Sedex members:
Our Supplier Guidance pack provides step by step instructions on setting up and using your Sedex account. You can download Part 1 of the Supplier Guidance Pack here (890 KB) – this will guide you through the registration process.
The remaining sections of the Supplier Guidance Pack are available to members in ‘Online Help‘ on the Sedex system.
SMETA support documents
We have developed a series of documents which members may find useful when involved with SMETA audits. These are available to members in the ‘Resources Hub’ on the Sedex system.
- SMETA documents in Chinese: Designed to help members to prepare for an audit
- Guide to Social Systems Auditor Competencies: To assist members when selecting auditors based on defined competencies
- Non – Compliance Guidance: A common approach to examples of non compliances, grading of severity, and suggested timeframes for correction.
- Corrective Action Guidance: suggested possible corrective actions following a SMETA audit.
- Guidance for assessing Labour Providers: A supplement which may be used when assessing working conditions of contractors’ employees such as warehouse staff or cleaning companies.
- Draft Guidance for an assessment process of Environment and Business Ethics: A procedure for looking at the environmental and Business Ethics performance of a site as part of a SMETA audit
Sedex Supplier Workbook
We know that suppliers want to take action to improve working standards and minimise their impact on the environment. That is why Sedex is supporting companies to drive improvements in their businesses by creating the Sedex Supplier Workbook.
SMETA is a common ethical audit methodology and report format developed by the Sedex Associate Auditor Group (AAG).
Click here for more information on SMETA.
We have developed a series of support documents that members may find useful when involved with SMETA audits. These are a members only resource available in the ‘Resources Hub‘ on the Sedex system.
Codes & Standards
The Sedex platform enables organisations to share information about their ethical and responsible practices without needing to reference an individual code or standard.
We are experiencing an increasing number of queries about the differences between these various codes. To support these requests we have produced a comparison document which provides guidance on the scope of 3 of the most relevant codes and standards for our members – SA8000, GSCP reference code and ETI base code.
This interactive map was developed in partnership with global risk experts Maplecroft. It shows the global spread of Sedex members, providing country-specific information and statistics.
- The role of empowerment in continuous improvement (275 KB)
This case study looks at the steps taken by Moroccan garment supplier to implement a health and safety committee in an effort to improve Health and Safety conditions at their site of employment.
- A cultural approach to fire safety for Kariwala Industries (273 KB)
This case study looks at the challenges of developing a culture of proactive Health and Safety management. Rather than imposing formal rules, a creative approach which adapts to local culture can be much more effective in embedding good practice.
- Taking the lid off homeworking (675 KB)
Homeworkers are present somewhere in almost all global supply chains, but they are often hidden. For any goods containing labour which is produced by hand the likelihood is that part of the production process is subcontracted to a home environment.
We are always looking for new case studies, so, if you have a good example of how you have worked to drive improvements in your organisation, please contact email@example.com.
An introduction to Sedex
Ethical Sourcing Forum 2011 – Tom Smith interview with 3BL Media
More videos are available on our You Tube channel.
|AGM and Members’ Forum 2011||China Members’ Forum 2010|
Sedex Annual Review 2011-12 (261 KB)
Sedex Annual Review 2010-11 (331 KB)
Sedex Annual Review 2009-10 (780 KB)
For more information on Sedex please download our information brochure (1 MB).