Sedex is a UK not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee.
As a membership-based organisation, we operate for the equal benefit of all members. Every member, regardless of turnover, has one voting right at Sedex General Meetings.
Sedex is run by an elected board, which is made up of representation from the different membership types:
- 3 A members
- 3 AB members
- 3 B members
These are non-paid positions.
At Sedex annual general meetings, at least one member from each category must stand down for re-election to allow other members to stand for the Board. Members may only serve on the Board for 3 consecutive years without standing down.
The Sedex Board of Directors
Chris Start, Non Executive Chairman
- Giles Bolton, Head of Ethical Trading, Tesco
- Louise Nicholls, Head of Responsible Sourcing, Marks & Spencer
- George Padelopoulos, Ethical Trading Manager, B&Q
- Annette Hansen, Director of Sustainability, Danisco
- Naomi Pendleton, Head of CSR, MM (UK) Group
- John Scott, Senior Director – Strategic Supply Management, Pepsico
- Anil Kariwala, Managing Director, Kariwala Industries
- Audrey Mealia, Head of Ethics and Product Safety, Paladone Products
- Elangovan Viswanathan, Managing Director, SNQS Internationals
Operationally, the organisation is led by Carmel Giblin, CEO.
Sedex is headquartered in London, UK, with regional offices in Shanghai, China and New York, USA.