A membership is suitable for companies who wish to view and run reports on their suppliers’ ethical data. This type of membership is best suited for retailers, government bodies and charities.
As an A member you are able to access your suppliers’ information, including self assessments, audit reports, corrective action plans and certifications.
A membership also provides you with access to a Risk Assessment tool, developed in partnership with global risk experts, Maplecroft.
A members on Sedex include G-Star, Marks & Spencer, Massmart, Tesco and many more. Click here for a full list of A members.
Key benefits and features of A membership
- complete visibility of your suppliers’ information
- ability to run reports on supplier data and track suppliers’ progress, helping you to drive improvements in ethical performance
- Risk Assessment tool to help you identify the likelihood of risk in your supply chain and prioritise resources accordingly
- dedicated Account Management and ongoing support
- bespoke training to help you roll out Sedex within your company and to your suppliers
In addition to the core Sedex product, all Sedex members can benefit from:
- access to a global multilingual helpdesk and support materials
- opportunities to participate in working groups and help shape future Sedex developments
- access to a common audit methodology and report format (SMETA)
- member events that facilitate knowledge sharing between members
- quarterly newsletter keeping you up to date with Sedex activities and industry news
- links with other collaborative projects and industry bodies
Companies wishing to become A members need to pay a one off joining fee and an annual membership fee. These are based on turnover. Please visit our ‘Pricing’ page for more information.
Become an A member
To apply for A membership please click here to start the registration process and complete the online registration form. On the registration form please select ‘A-member’ as the type of membership you require.
Once you have submitted your registration form, a member of the Sedex team will contact you within the next few days to discuss the next steps. For more information please see ‘How do I join?’.
Click here to download the Sedex membership rules (122KB).
If you need more information, please visit ‘Membership options’ where we have put together a few questions to help you determine which membership type is best for you.
Alternatively, please contact us.