Sedex is a not for profit membership organisation dedicated to driving improvements in ethical and responsible business practices in global supply chains.
As the largest collaborative platform for sharing ethical supply chain data, Sedex is an innovative and effective supply chain management solution, helping you to reduce risk, protect your company reputation and improve supply chain practices.
Sedex has two main aims:
- to ease the burden on suppliers facing multiple audits, questionnaires and certifications
- to drive improvements in the ethical performance of global supply chains
Our core product is a secure, online database which allows members to store, share and report on information in four key areas:
- Labour Standards
- Health & Safety
- The Environment
- Business Ethics
Find out more about Sedex and how we can help your organisation in ‘What we do’.
Since our launch in 2004, over 38,000 organisations from around the world have made Sedex their platform of choice for exchanging ethical supply chain data.
Sedex is not a standard setting body, code of conduct or certification. Instead our role is to enable you to effectively share and manage supply chain information, with the aim of driving continuous improvement.
For information on codes of conduct and certifications, visit our ‘Useful links’ page.
For more information on Sedex please download our information brochure (1 MB).
The development and maintenance of the Sedex system is led by the Sedex Product Development team and implemented by software firm Enablon.
Enablon is the world’s leading software provider of Sustainability Management solutions. More than 300 global companies and 200,000 users worldwide use Enablon solutions to improve the management of their environmental and social performance, control their risks and reduce costs. Through its partnership network, Enablon operates in more than 130 countries.
Our partnership with Enablon ensures that Sedex members benefit from a secure and robust online system for exchanging ethical supply chain data.
Sedex at a glance
- a not for profit membership organisation dedicated to driving ethical improvements in global supply chains.
- a secure online platform for sharing and viewing information on labour standards, health and safety, the environment and business ethics.
- the largest collaborative platform for sharing ethical supply chain data.
- a truly global organisation with members in over 150 countries.
- not a standard setting body, code of conduct or certification.